For this table we used light grays and beiges to ground the tablescape. When you’re setting a table, think of it as a layering game. You always need a good foundation upon which all the layers build up off of. Setting a palate grounds the table and unites the pieces of it together.
With any great design, there has to be natural elements…woods, greenery, flowers, grasses. The natural material of the place settings add that touch of earthiness that lightens the space. And can you ever go wrong with fresh flowers from the garden and vintage brass? I think not!
Get This Look
- Start with a neutral table runner…this could be as simple as brown craft paper or a quick stop at Target or Homegoods
- White plates with a simple pattern
- Roll up a linen dinner napkin and tie to make a big knot
- Think greenery and simple white flowers.
- Off set vintage brass candlesticks with basic white tapers